Updated April 3rd, 2020
It is with regret that we announce the cancellation of the live version our 2020 National Conference. With the uncertainty of the current situation across the globe with regards to COVID-19, we are confident that this is the right decision for the health and safety of our conference delegates, presenters, sponsors, volunteers, and staff. Click through for more information.
Orchestras Canada staff are currently working from home, but remain available to you via phone and email. Contact us here.
- With the help of colleagues across the performing arts, we have assembled and will continue to update this wiki of Canadian and international resources. We welcome your comments and contributions.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Canada Council for the Arts advance funding
- Leadership Emergency Arts Network
- Increased 75 % wage subsidy for qualifying businesses
- HR Impact Survey Results
- Orchestras Canada’s letter to ministers
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Spektrix’s Ticket Converter Tool,
- Wage subsidy, T3010 extensions, and other federal measures.
- Resources for freelancers and newly online music teachers.
- Messages from the Department of Canadian Heritage and the federal government.
- Resources on remote working and community building during the shutdown.
- Impact surveys
- OC’s national conference cancelled.
- Statements of continuing operating funding from the Saskatchewan Arts Board, and the Ontario Arts Council.
- Events of more than 250 people cancelled in AB, SK, MB, QC. 150 in NB and NS. 50 in BC & ON.
- Call for impact data from youth orchestras.
- Digital marketing recommendations (Capacity Interactive).
- Pandemic planning resources (Alberta Council of Disability Services).
- Events of more than 250 people cancelled in BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, QC. 150 in NB and NS.
- Statements of continuing operating funding from the Minister of Canadian Heritage, The Manitoba Arts Council and the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec.
- Public Health Agency of Canada risk assessment tool
- Useful resources for freelancers
- Events of more than 250 cancelled in BC, AB, ON and QC. 150 in NB.
- Canada Council for the Arts statement of continuing operating funding.